Terms and conditions
Complete Life Fitness Group Exercise and Personal Training Terms and Conditions
Our skilled trainers are equipped with the knowledge to effectively provide coaching, supervision, advice, and support that the client may need to help them achieve their goals. In addition, we have designed a safe programme of exercise that will take into account the client’s personal goals, fitness levels, and likes and dislikes related to exercise.
Know that any fitness programme cannot be guaranteed without your full cooperation and efforts within or outside the sessions. As such, you and your trainer must be willing to fully commit to such training in order to achieve the desired result.
Rest assured that all information from the client will be strictly kept private and confidential. All Complete Life Fitness trainers will maintain a professional attitude and manner throughout every session. These Terms and Conditions form part of your agreement with the trainer.
As per company rules, you are required to wear appropriate clothing and footwear. You are also advised to bring a bottle of water and a towel.
All clients are required to provide a PAR-Q/health waiver before commencing any exercise programme to ensure that you are safe to execute any forms of exercise. These screenings may be collected in paper form in class or via our booking site if you signed up online. Your trainer may require a letter of ‘medical clearance’ from your GP, unless you are referred by a healthcare professional. In that case, there should be a completed referral form containing the required information. Please be aware that your GP may charge for providing this letter.
May we remind you that it is your responsibility to inform the trainer if there are any health conditions to consider that might affect your ability to exercise safely. Any changes to your health will need to be recorded on an additional health screening form and/or in our client notes online. There are times when your trainer requires further medical information from a practitioner; please provide such details responsibly.
Furthermore, it is important to understand that there are inherent risks in participating in an exercise programme. If you claim to have any injury whilst participating in the training, you acknowledge that the trainer is not responsible, except when the injury was caused by his/her gross negligence or intentional act. Your trainer cannot be held liable in any way for undeclared or unknown medical conditions.
As for your health screening records, they will be kept long enough to ensure that the records we hold will be in line with any statutory or legal requirements. You may have access to these records (of your own) upon request.
Diet plans supplied by your trainer are for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other healthcare professional. When provided with healthy diet plans, they should not be relied upon to meet specific dietary requirements. They are given as a suggestion for a generally balanced diet. If there are any concerns about your health in general, please contact your local healthcare provider.
Booking and fee charging policy:
- The minimum term contract for personal training sessions is 1 month.
- 3 or 6 month contracts can be pre paid in full to receive a 10% discount on the overall cost.
- The following are the acceptable forms of payment: cash that can be paid directly to the trainer, by prior agreement through internet bank transfer, or electronic payment using our payment system, ‘Stripe.’
- Clients may be required to ‘sign in’ for each training session in order to avoid any confusion between the trainer and client of the session number.
- All personal training sessions must be redeemed within the contract period.
- The initial purchase of a membership through Ptminder or any other route, enters you in to a contract with Complete Life Fitness for a specified duration. The contract is to be paid either by monthly electronic payments at the beginning of each training month, or paid in full at the commencement of the membership.
- Refer to the service options for classes to get detailed information on each service allowance (e.g., number of sessions, time frame of use, and costs).
- Home training contract prices may vary according to the standard prices, including fuel and service costs.
- Teamwork packages are subjected for a minimum of two-month commitment.
- Our prices are subject to change in line with economic fluctuations. Our clients will be given 14 days notice for any changes to our pricing.
- Following the initial term of contracts they will continue to run on a month to month basis at the same monthly cost agreed and cannot be cancelled within the initial term. We ask for 30 days notice in order to cancel contracts once the initial term has finished.
Cancellation and refunds
- 24 hours notice of cancellation or postponement is required for all appointments.
- Notice of less than 24 hours will incur full payment of the full session fee.
- If you are late to a session, we will do my best to get the most out of the remaining time left in the session as I am unable to run over time due to previously arranged client commitments.
- For personal training appointments, unforeseen events can be taken into consideration.
- Once purchased, your sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Cancellations must be made twenty four hours before the scheduled time of a class.
- You are required to arrive on time for each session. This is to achieve the trainer’s full training plan for each visit.
- If in the case the client is late for a session, the session cannot be extended and will still end at the appointed time. If you are more than 25 minutes late, your Personal Trainer may choose to cancel the session and you may lose that session. In this circumstance, no refund will be made. If the trainer is late, additional time will be added to the session or to subsequent sessions.
Health and safety
We understand that physical exercise can be strenuous and subjects may be at risk of injury. As such, we urge you to obtain a physical examination from a doctor before engaging with any exercise equipment or participating in any of our exercise activities. By participating in our physical exercises or training activities, you agree that you do it entirely at your own risk. Any enhancement products are entirely in your responsibility. As a safety precaution, you should consult a physician prior to undergoing any dietary or food supplement changes. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in these activities and use of these facilities and premises and assume all risks of injury, illness, or death. We are also not responsible for any loss of your personal property.
All clients agree to only use the equipment only under direct instruction or supervision from a Complete Life Fitness trained personal trainer.
Be informed that your trainer has completed and holds a current certificate for emergency first aid at work. He/She, as a trainer, has a £5-million public liability insurance cover.
For cases where sessions are conducted on your premises (e.g., home visits), you are responsible for providing a safe exercise environment.
You acknowledge that you have carefully read these terms and conditions and fully understand that it is a release of liability. You explicitly agree to release and discharge the trainer or instructor from any and all claims or causes of action. As well as you agree to voluntarily give up or waive any right that you may otherwise have to bring legal action against the trainer or instructor for personal injury or property damage.
Commitment to data security
Personally identifiable information (e.g., Par-Q form) is kept secured by Complete Life Fitness. Only authorised employees or partners (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information only when necessary. All emails and newsletters from our sites/instructors will allow you to opt out for further contact. If you would like to opt out, you can email ‘OPT OUT’ to email@example.com.
If you are unable to provide the required personal information that will be laid out, we may not be able to provide you the services that we offer or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Moreover, Compete Life Fitness will never sell, trade, rent, exchange, or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company, or organisation.
Be informed that there may be unlikely events where your trainer will be unable to continue your training. Such cases will allow you to have your sessions transferred to another similar trainer provided that he/she agrees to take over the said training.
The trainer has the right to change these Terms and Conditions, for example, he/she may offer new services or when required by law. Rest assured that the trainer will notify you if ever there are changes to be done. If there are proposed changes that dissatisfy you, you may cancel the said agreement.
You are responsible for keeping all your contact information and marketing preferences up to date with the trainer. In order to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, the trainer will only do what you ask him/her to do or what you have given him/her permission to do concerning any personal or sensitive information held about you.